Film Trailer

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tribute to Mom

I have an acquaintance at my synagogue, Gary Karz, who I have known for the last seven years. He started attending to say memorial prayers (kaddish) at the same time I was saying kaddish for my wife Valerie. He was saying kaddish for his mother at the time. He's a very nice guy, gracious and smart with a dry sense of humor.

He recently became aware of Dying to Live from the promotional work we have been doing in preparation for the premiere on March 13. He sent me an email with his own story about his mother, which parallels a lot of the same experiences that I had with Valerie and my Mom. It is very well written and quite informative. We've been in close proximity for many years, but I never knew this story. It brings out a point that was made when I screened Dying to Live for the Men's Center of Los Angeles, that you only see a small part of the person standing in front of you.

Please take a moment to check out Tribute to Mom by Gary Karz and his family.

No comments: